If you are experiencing pain in your shoulder, our shoulder pain doctor in Lexington, KY can examine your shoulder and provide you with non-invasive treatments to heal the injury.
Common Shoulder Pain Causes
Our shoulder pain doctor in Lexington, KY diagnoses and treats common injuries of the shoulder, including frozen shoulder, tendonitis and shoulder dislocations.
- Dislocated Shoulder – Having a dislocated shoulder is an extremely common injury. It occurs when the arm bone is forced out of the shoulder socket. This injury can happen as the result of falling on your shoulder, playing contact sports or during a car accident.
- Frozen Shoulder – Frozen shoulder or adhesive capsulitis can occur as the result of a severe shoulder bursae or when the connective capsule surrounding your shoulder joint becomes extremely inflamed and tight. This condition is also more common in individuals who have had their shoulder immobilized for a long period of time due to surgery or a broken bone.
- Rotator Cuff Injury – Rotator cuff injuries are extremely common in individuals who play sports or who work at a job that requires frequent overhead movements with their arms. The injury can result in inflammation of the soft tissues of the shoulder or tears in the ligaments and tendons.
- Shoulder Bursae – The shoulder bursae are fluid-filled sacs that provide cushioning for your shoulder joint. When these sacs become inflamed, it is called a shoulder bursitis. They are commonly considered overuse or repetitive motion injuries, but a shoulder bursae can also occur as the result of a trauma to the shoulder.
- Strains & Sprains – A shoulder sprain occurs when the ligaments of the shoulder are stretched beyond their normal range of motion. A shoulder strain occurs when the muscles or tendons are stretched beyond their normal ranges of motion. They can be caused by overuse of the joint, lifting heavy objects or as the result of a sports injury.
- Tendinitis – Tendinitis in the shoulder occurs when the tendons become inflamed. It is most commonly a repetitive motion injury that occurs due to making the same movements over and over again while participating in a sport, hobby or job task.
Chiropractic Treatments with Our Shoulder Chiropractor Lexington, KY
Our shoulder chiropractor Lexington, KY offers several treatment options for soft tissue injuries of the shoulder, including chiropractic adjustments and corrective exercises and stretches. After your initial exam and diagnosis, our chiropractor will develop a treatment program to address your specific injury and health needs.
Chiropractic adjustments of the shoulder can help ensure the joint is properly aligned, which helps improve its function while facilitating the healing process. The adjustments may also help lower inflammation and reduce pain.
Corrective Exercises and Stretches
Our corrective stretches can help improve the range of motion of the joint, and our corrective exercises for strength can help rebuild muscle endurance in the injured shoulder muscles as well as the supporting muscles.