Lower back pain can have a negative impact on quality of life. Fortunately, people who suffer from lower back pain have options. Chiropractic care is a holistic form of treatment that can help realign the spine, improve the functioning of the spinal cord and keep the body working properly. For patients who have back injuries, chiropractic care can speed the healing process. For patients suffering from chronic pain, lower back pain treatment can improve quality of life and reduce the pain.
Different Types of Lower Back Pain
In general, people suffer from one of two types of lower back pain: chronic pain and temporary injury. Temporary injuries, if not properly treated, can lead to chronic long-term pain. People often suffer from chronic pain because of chronic conditions that can cause ongoing discomfort.
Causes of Lower Back Pain Lexington
There are many reasons that people suffer from lower back pain Lexington, KY. Some of the most common causes of lower back pain in our community include:
- Poor posture/form – Poor posture can put pressure on the spine and spinal cord. Over time, poor posture causes subluxations, which can result in lower back pain.
- Active lifestyle – Overuse of the muscles can lead to lower back pain and pain in other areas of the body.
- Career/ergonomics – Poor ergonomics can cause muscle pain, muscle tightness, subluxations and other forms of injury in the lower back.
- Bulging disc – A bulging disc can cause sciatica and other symptoms, leading to tingling and numbness in the upper legs and lower back.
- Muscle strain. Muscle strain from poor lifting and twisting techniques can cause muscle strain, leading to pain, stiffness and limited mobility.
Treatment from Our Back Pain Doctor Lexington
At ChiroWorks Pain & Injury Treatment Center, we treat lower back pain with all natural chiropractic techniques. We never prescribe medications or recommend invasive procedures. Instead, we help patients manage their pain with gentle techniques that can help them avoid pain in the future. Treatments we use to help patients with their back pain include:
- Spinal adjustment – Spinal adjustment is the most well-known form of chiropractic treatment. During this process, we realign the vertebrae and reduce pressure on the spinal cord. The spinal adjustment also helps improve flexibility, increase mobility and reduce patient pain.
- Massage therapy – We use this technique to relieve tight muscles and improve circulation in injured parts of the body. Massage therapy helps reduce low back pain by reducing inflammation and relieving muscle tightness.
- Stretches and exercises – We teach patients to do stretches and exercises that can help strengthen the muscles and reduce the risk of injury in the future. Stretches and exercises are preventative as well as restorative.
Contact Your Sciatica Doctor Lexington, KY
We provide pain injury treatment Lexington KY. For more information about how we can help alleviate your low back pain, contact us in Lexington, KY, 859-300-6215.